Are you interested in joining our teaching team? Nature Sketch is expanding Nationwide and is looking for passionate, experienced artists/instructors to facilitate our programs!
Contract positions for Nature Sketch Artist/Instructors
The Bateman Foundation, a national public charity, inspires a lasting relationship with nature through the lens of art, and is currently one of the only non-profits in Canada primarily using artwork to promote a connection to nature and the environment.
The Nature Sketch Club is an outdoor nature program for kids & adults that focuses on sketching and observing wildlife habitats in unique ecosystems. Guided by a sketch artist and a naturalist, this program encourages participants to connect to natural environments in their local community using a pencil and a sketchbook. We have a Junior Nature Sketch program for ages 5-12 as well as an Adult Nature Sketch program for ages 18+. For more information please visit: www.naturesketch.org
We are very excited to be launching our Nature Sketch program nationwide and are looking for an enthusiastic, multi-skilled and passionate professional to join our team. The programs will each run once per week out in nature, ending with a final student art exhibition. Programs runs for 8 weeks starting in September and ending with an exhibition at the beginning of November. The spring session will run from April to May. We are looking for experienced nature/sketch artists, who have experience working with children of all ages as well as adults.
- Find a naturalist(s) in the area to aid in the program facilitation
- Working with a naturalist to scout out locations for weekly ecosystem exploring
- Teach both Jr and Adult program on Saturdays (full day if both classes fill) for the full program length
- Communicate with parents & students
- Scout out indoor locations for “rainy day” as well as final exhibition event
- Assist with class promotions
- Facilitate the entire program in your city
- Familiarity with natural habitats & eco-systems
- Artistic experience working in pencil with a focus on nature/wildlife drawing (please submit relevant artwork images)
- Up to date criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Experience working with/instructing children
- Experience teaching art to children is preferred
- Strong verbal & visual communications skills
- Valid driver’s license & transportation
- Available to teach on Saturdays during Nature Sketch session
- Ability to network, promote & market the program within the local area
- Up to date first aid & CPR training
- WCB coverage, if required
If you are all of the above we want to hear from you! Interested candidates please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio of relevant artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org